Everyone wants to have a low water bill. If you work hard and are mindful of how much water you are using, you can lower it as soon as possible. Here are a few tips to help you conserve water:
Repair Your Plumbing – Issues like leaky faucets and problematic pipes are some of the biggest reasons why your water bill is so high. It is vital that you take care of these problems as soon as possible. Additionally, it would help if you considered investing in energy-efficient toilets and water heaters.
Be Mindful in the Bathroom – There are many things you can do in the bathroom to conserve water, such as taking short showers instead of baths, filling the sink to shave, installing low-flow shower heads, and turning off the sink when you brush your teeth.
Take Care of Business in the Kitchen – Many people tend to waste a lot of water in the kitchen. To keep your water bill down, you should only run the dishwasher when it is full. You can also consider composting instead of putting your food down a garbage disposal.
Take care of kitchen and bathroom plumbing in your home when you work with the team at Courtesy Plumbing. Additionally, our team can provide you with commercial plumbing services.
Investing in a new water heater for your home is an important decision. Take a look at some of the options that are available to you:
Traditional Storage Water Heater – These water heaters are the ones you will find in most homes. They store hot water in tanks that hold as much as 80 gallons. Older traditional water heaters are not efficient, as they always keep the water warm whether you are using it or not.
Tankless Water Heater – Tankless water heaters are being installed in most homes all over the country. These systems heat the water when you turn on the tap via an electrical element or gas burner. They may be a little more expensive than traditional heaters, but they will help you save money on your energy bills.
Active Solar Water Heater – If you are concerned about the environment, you should invest in an active solar water heater. These systems capture solar radiation to heat your water and are equipped with a backup system for those times when there is not enough hot water available.
Invest in your home when you get a new water heater from the Naperville plumbers at Courtesy Plumbing. Our business works with a variety of brand name selections.
Do you have small plumbing problems in your home? It is not always necessary to call a plumber. Take a look at these three tasks all homeowners should be able to perform:
Unclogging Toilets – You should not have to call a plumber every time you have a toilet clog. Every homeowner should have a simple plunger to help them with the problem. If you are feeling particularly ambitious, you can purchase an auger to help you with the issue.
Dripping Faucets – When you are dealing with dripping faucets, you should do what you can to take care of the issue before it becomes a more significant problem. If you have a compression faucet, you can buy a rubber washer to seal the leak. On the other hand, a new O-ring will take care of a leak on a washer-less faucet.
Running Toilet – Most running toilet issues are caused by a problem with your floater switch or a faulty stop valve. If jiggling the handle does not work, then you can try replacing the entire assembly to take care of the problem. Please note that the toilet water in the tank is clean, so do not be afraid to get your hands wet.
When you need help with more extensive problems, such as sewer rodding, you can rely on the team at Courtesy Plumbing. Our business is proud to offer services throughout Naperville and the surrounding areas.
Plumbing problems happen all the time and are not always obvious. You need to know the signs that you have a leak. Here are a handful of signs you should know about:
Increased Water Bill – It is a wise idea to always keep track of your water bill to see if there are any substantial increases. If there are, there is a chance that there is a leak somewhere in your home. You can look at bills from last year at the same date to see if this isn’t just a small increase.
Mold and Mildew Problems – Have you noticed a musty smell in your home? It may be related to a leaking pipe. Take a look at the around your house and see if you can track down the source of the smell. It is very likely that you will find a pipe leaking in that spot.
Wet Spots – If you find wet spots around your bathtub, near sinks, and by your toilet, then it is possible that you are dealing with a leak. If you notice this problem happening regularly, you should call a professional to assist you with your problem.
Count on the team at Courtesy Plumbing when you are searching for a plumber in Naperville. We are happy to send someone out to your location to assist you.
Improve and repair the plumbing system in your business with assistance from the team at Courtesy Plumbing. Whether you are looking for someone to assist you with your industrial plumbing system or need small repairs performed at your shop, you can trust the dedicated specialists at our business to help you with your needs. We are known for providing efficient services at a price that will not break the bank.
We know that finding a trustworthy plumber can seem like a tough task. For more than 45 years, our business has been serving business owners throughout the area, repairing potential and present plumbing problems. When you hire our specialists to assist you, we will provide you with a detailed quote to ensure that there are no big surprises. Furthermore, we will act as a point of contact for real estate agents when necessary.
It does not matter if you are having a problem in the middle of the night or just need preventative maintenance services, you can trust our team when you need commercial plumbing in Naperville, IL. Call us today at (877) 758-6448 to receive a free estimate and discover why we are known throughout the area as “the courteous plumbers.”
Your bathroom is an integral part of your home. Instead of having a functional bathroom, you should consider updating this vital rest area with some important luxuries. Take a look at these three reasons why you need to update your bathroom:
- Broken Fixtures – Do you have to shake your toilet a bit to get it to work correctly? Are you dealing with a shower that sputters for a solid minute before it actually works? It sounds like your bathroom needs to be repaired. Taking care of these issues now is a smart move, as these problems could lead to more significant problems.
- Old Designs – Bathrooms from the 1970s do not look like bathrooms that were built this decade. If you have old sinks in your bathrooms or are just tired of looking at that gaudy lime green toilet, you should consider investing in new fixtures.
- Update Bathing Areas – Your bathing area is crucial. If you do not have a shower or bath that works correctly, you should consider changing it. Our team is happy to help you with new showers and bathtubs.
The team at Courtesy Plumbing is proud to offer exceptional bathroom plumbing services for your needs. We have more than 45 years of experience providing plumbing services to people in Naperville, Bolingbrook, and the surrounding areas.
Keep your drains nice and clean with help from the team at Courtesy Plumbing. We have put together a small list to help you deal with hair clogs:
- Clean Your Drain Filter Every Week – A simple way to take care of hair clogs in your home is to set aside some time each week to clean your drain filter. All you need is a small piece of wire with a bent end. With this simple tool, you will be able to reach down in your drain and get rid of those nasty clogs.
- Brush Your Hair Before You Shower – If you have many problems with hair clogs in your shower, you should consider brushing your hair before you get in. By doing this, you can get rid of excess hair. This action will prevent any loose hair from going directly down the drain.
- Install a Hair Catcher – When your hair is just too hard to tame, you can install a hair catcher in your shower to take care of the problem. There are a vast array of hair catchers on the market, including plugs, baskets, and dome screens. These hair catchers should be cleaned regularly to prevent any additional problems.
Are you having problems with clogged drains? You can count on the team at Courtesy Plumbing to assist you with your needs. When you call us, we will send out a Plumber in Naperville to help you.
Dealing with a clogged drain is frustrating and can often lead to more massive plumbing problems. Here are a handful of issues that frequently occur when you have a clog:
- Sewage Problems – Does sewage come out of your drains when you flush the toilet? This is a big sign that there is a problem with your plumbing system. As soon as you notice this issue occurring, you should contact a professional to come and check it out.
- Slow Drains – Have you noticed that it takes a long time for water to go down your drains after you do the dishes or take a shower? Slow drains are usually a sign of a clogged pipe. If you notice the problem happening all over the house, it may be the sign of a sewer line clog.
- Increased Water Bill – A hidden leak in your home can lead to an increased water bill, as well as issues with clogged drains. When you notice that your bill has been climbing, you should contact a plumber to check out your pipes to ensure everything is working properly.
Count on the dedicated team at Courtesy Plumbing when you need help with your drain. We are the company to contact when you are seeking services from a 24-hour plumber in Naperville, IL.
Your water heater is an integral part of your home. If you are having issues with your heater, it may be time to replace it. Here are some signs that your system is on its last legs:
- Water is Cold – How warm is the water coming out of the tap? If you have not made adjustments to the heater, there may be a problem with the heating element. As soon as you notice something like this happening, you should contact a professional. No one wants to be taking a cold shower.
- Your Tank is Leaking – When you are noticing leaks around your water heater, it is most likely an issue that cannot be repaired. Water heaters tend to expand over time. This expansion can eventually lead to cracks in the tank.
- Your Heater is Old – An average tank water heater will last for as many as 12 years. If your system is no longer working correctly and is older than that, you may need to talk to a professional about replacing it. Properly maintaining your system will help double the lifespan of your heater.
Contact the team at Courtesy Plumbing when you are having issues with your water heater. Our business is proud to offer services in Naperville, as well as many of the surrounding communities.
Going green in your home is a great way to improve the environment and save money on your energy bills. Our team has put together a few tips to help you change the way you use water:
- Invest in a Tankless Water Heater – A simple way to go green without a lot of fuss is to invest in a tankless water heater. These systems save space, work quickly, and are over 20% more efficient than regular heaters. They will also save you money on both your electricity and water bill.
- Choose Low-Flow Fixtures – We know that low-flow fixtures of the past have been frustrating, but modern techniques have changed the way that these fixtures work. You can replace your showerhead, toilet, or sinks with these efficient options, as well as retrofit your existing fixtures.
- Change the Way You Water Your Lawn – If you are a homeowner who cares about your lawn, you will water it less. Not only will it lower your water bill, but you will also be doing your lawn a favor. When you water it too often, it becomes dependent on your watering and will not be able to withstand a drought.
Count on the team at Courtesy Plumbing to help you with your plumbing needs. We are the company to call when you are seeking Naperville drain cleaning services, plumbing repairs, and new installations.