Dealing with a clogged drain is frustrating and can often lead to more massive plumbing problems. Here are a handful of issues that frequently occur when you have a clog:
- Sewage Problems – Does sewage come out of your drains when you flush the toilet? This is a big sign that there is a problem with your plumbing system. As soon as you notice this issue occurring, you should contact a professional to come and check it out.
- Slow Drains – Have you noticed that it takes a long time for water to go down your drains after you do the dishes or take a shower? Slow drains are usually a sign of a clogged pipe. If you notice the problem happening all over the house, it may be the sign of a sewer line clog.
- Increased Water Bill – A hidden leak in your home can lead to an increased water bill, as well as issues with clogged drains. When you notice that your bill has been climbing, you should contact a plumber to check out your pipes to ensure everything is working properly.
Count on the dedicated team at Courtesy Plumbing when you need help with your drain. We are the company to contact when you are seeking services from a 24-hour plumber in Naperville, IL.
Your water heater is an integral part of your home. If you are having issues with your heater, it may be time to replace it. Here are some signs that your system is on its last legs:
- Water is Cold – How warm is the water coming out of the tap? If you have not made adjustments to the heater, there may be a problem with the heating element. As soon as you notice something like this happening, you should contact a professional. No one wants to be taking a cold shower.
- Your Tank is Leaking – When you are noticing leaks around your water heater, it is most likely an issue that cannot be repaired. Water heaters tend to expand over time. This expansion can eventually lead to cracks in the tank.
- Your Heater is Old – An average tank water heater will last for as many as 12 years. If your system is no longer working correctly and is older than that, you may need to talk to a professional about replacing it. Properly maintaining your system will help double the lifespan of your heater.
Contact the team at Courtesy Plumbing when you are having issues with your water heater. Our business is proud to offer services in Naperville, as well as many of the surrounding communities.
Going green in your home is a great way to improve the environment and save money on your energy bills. Our team has put together a few tips to help you change the way you use water:
- Invest in a Tankless Water Heater – A simple way to go green without a lot of fuss is to invest in a tankless water heater. These systems save space, work quickly, and are over 20% more efficient than regular heaters. They will also save you money on both your electricity and water bill.
- Choose Low-Flow Fixtures – We know that low-flow fixtures of the past have been frustrating, but modern techniques have changed the way that these fixtures work. You can replace your showerhead, toilet, or sinks with these efficient options, as well as retrofit your existing fixtures.
- Change the Way You Water Your Lawn – If you are a homeowner who cares about your lawn, you will water it less. Not only will it lower your water bill, but you will also be doing your lawn a favor. When you water it too often, it becomes dependent on your watering and will not be able to withstand a drought.
Count on the team at Courtesy Plumbing to help you with your plumbing needs. We are the company to call when you are seeking Naperville drain cleaning services, plumbing repairs, and new installations.